To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 27, 2014

A Little Bit of Everything



// I need these boots in my life. Paired with skinny jeans and a flannel top...aahhh! 

// Kids get sick! Cadence was perfectly fine Friday morning with not a sneeze in sight. Picked her up from the sitter Friday afternoon and as soon as we walked in the door at our house, the vomiting began along with a low grade temp. That lasted 12 hours and she's good as new! Doctor called it perfectly when we took her saying that it wouldn't last long. Warning you now, when your children start school and are around other children...just be prepared. It happens. I'm just so glad that she is feeling better and that it didn't last long. Praise the Lord!

// Our family is in town all the way up from Boston and down in Florida. My moms house is swarming with love, laughter and lots of stories from "back in the day." I sat outside with them last night until 9:30 and unlike them have to work this week (so jealous!) so off to bed for me. They have plans to visit beautiful Beaufort, the New York of the South, Charleston and see the sites in our little hometown. They're also venturing out with us on Friday to see Cadence Trick or Treat - I can't wait! Is it Friday yet?

// This kitchen is my dream! I love the open white cabinets but the biggest attention is drawn to those floors! It has such an earthy feel to it. Amazing!

// Speaking of decor...this carpet will for sure be in my closet when we go to build a house. I don't care what the husband says, this will be in my closet! I get that cheetah print isn't for everyone and that's OK, but it is for me!

// We didn't do too much this weekend, especially on Friday night with Cadence not feeling well. We took her to the doctor and then ate in the car while waiting on her nausea prescription to be filled. Since she was feeling back to her normal self on Saturday we went to the local fall festival, did some browsing at the outlets and even bought her a few more school pants. Yesterday we relaxed and welcomed family into town. I'm ready to spend the afternoons with them this week and catch up.

Happy Monday!




No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger