To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 21, 2014

Let's Chat

Oh ya know, just another random post from yours truly, let's get started...

*I had a second opinion appointment this morning with a different urologist and I love her. She was very optimistic about what I am going through and we're scheduling a cystoscopy to see what's going on. The fact that she deals with this on a daily basis and seems positive about it makes me feel better. 

There is power in prayer and I ask that you continue to pray for me in hopes that it's nothing serious!

*Stalker & Scorpion on CBS. If you haven't watched these, run, don't walk to your nearest TV and put them on record - obsessed with them! Seriously two of the best shows in a long time. 

*The talks of baby #2 is more frequent in our household. If all is well with my health we might just start trying - who knows! :)

*Tarl went on a hunting/camping trip with one of my exes. I use the term ex lightly as we were kids, but none-the-less had feelings for one another. Long story short our kids are friends and with our past history they became friends since we knew one another. They both have mutual hobby's and hunting has brought them close. It's a bromance for sure.

Anyways, they arrive at the campsite to set up prior to their hunt and wouldn't you know ex #2 is camped right beside them. Small world isn't it?!

*Today is day 6 with no cigarettes. That's right family who reads this blog - I have been cigarette free for 6 days. I feel so much better knowing that I no longer stink with the smell of cigarettes and knowing that my health will improve just by putting them down. #holla

*We've thrown a big birthday for Cadence ever since she turned one. The past five years we've gone all out with invitations, decorations, bounce houses and food and to be honest with her birthday being so close to Christmas it's tight. This year we've decided to do close family only. Simple cake, ice cream and chili and call it a day. It truly takes a load off my mind. We explained to Cadence and even she was alright about it, plus family spoils her with gifts regardless :)

I'm still doing a cake and am thinking something Frozen or Disney inspired...

15 cakes inspired by the movie Frozen #birthday #cakes #diy #kids #frozen #disney
via

Princess Belle cake by Creative Cakes by Julie, via Flickr

*Christmas shopping is officially underway and I couldn't be more excited about it. I also purchased my first Christmas wrapping paper and boxes of the season this past weekend. I'm so ready!

*I'm so happy that Halloween festivities are starting this weekend with an annual Fall festival we attend. We also have family coming in to town from Florida and Boston. Of course Halloween is next Friday night and then it'll be Thanksgiving and Christmas everything in our household!

xo


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger