To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 24, 2014

FOF: Beauty, New York, Lists & Ebola!


one //

Right before we left for Disney all of my nails were natural and long. I'd paint them with whatever suited me at the time and voila it looked like I had on press ons. Loved it! Well I broke a few nails while in Disney and with all the health issues I've had there all gone. I'm striving to get back to long beautiful nails before winter and this picture is my nail inspiration!

Grey Ombre by Essie...
via

We've all seen ombre, but I don't think I've ever seen it using dark and neutral colors. I am smitten with this and can't wait until my actual nails are long again, without the help of acrylic.

two //

Yesterday while drug store shopping I picked up my first Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadows. I've watched numerous tutorials with several beauty vloggers using them and just couldn't resist getting one. For one eyeshadow their priced around $3.50, they were at my local drugstore anyways. It's a little pricey when you think about it, but there is a lot in that littler container and when I tested it out the color payoff and pigmentation is so worth the buy!

I was looking for a good transition color and believe I found the perfect shade in "Bella Sand".

via

Bella Sand is the top center and it's stunning on! I can't wait to go back and get more.

three //

I've watched this video atleast a dozen times. I can't get enough of it. It truly takes my breath away seeing NY from an aerial view, and I love when they cruise by Times Square. I didn't realize how massive NYC really is...can't wait to go one day! I know y'all probably get sick and tired of me talking about NYC - but IDC, my blog my rules :)

four //

Y'all know I'm a fan of lists and with Christmas Eve only two months away it's high time our Christmas lists get started!

I've searched Pinterest and these lists are perfect, they even include a budget row for you to keep track of how much you've spent on that person. Genius!

Free Retro Christmas Shopping List from Vintage Glam Studio
via

Click the link to take you to the site so you can download.

five //

The talk of Ebola has obviously been a popular one for months now, with people being diagnosed with it in New York, Texas and even Atlanta. Is it scary? Yes it is! I'm not going to lie about it or sugar coat it. I think both the CDC, government and the actual people who are infected with it should have taken a smarter approach to keeping it contained. If you've been around people sick with Ebola, you should obviously not go bowling, ride trains or definitely not get on a plane with close quarters to John Doe next to you. It's a sad situation and we should keep this situation in our prayers!

Happy Friday!








1 comment

  1. I am headed to watch that video now . . . I cannot wait to visit NYC either! And I absolutely love that nail polish look! So gorgeous!! I hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger