To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 9, 2014

Let's Chat

With all the Disney recaps I wanted to stop in and give you all a little bit of randomness on this Thursday morning.

-We are all missing Disney. Tarl and I more so than Cadence which is hysterical. I guess going to Kindergarten and going to work are two different things though. The kid loves school which is great, no complaints from us, but to be back in Disney right now with my family would be amazeballs!

- I'm sure by now most of you have heard of Brittany Maynard. She is the 29 year old lady who got diagnosed earlier this year with a terminal brain cancer and has chosen 'Death by Dignity' which is only legal in a few states throughout the US. She said she doesn't want to suffer or have her family see her suffer so she is choosing to take a pill that will peacefully end her life. I pray that me nor anyone in my family ever has to experience such a nasty disease, but I honestly could never imagine ending my life on my own terms. I am a Christian. I believe in God and his divine power and purpose. There are plenty of people each year who are dying but God performs his miracles and wouldn't you know they are cured. What if Brittany is one of them? I pray for peace for her, her family and friends and I pray that she changes her mind and let's God will be done on her life.

Today let me reassure you that God knows right where you are, and He knows how to get you to where you need to be. Even when things don’t go the way you planned, His hand is on you. Do not be afraid. Trust that God is working behind the scenes on your behalf, and that He will lead you into the life of blessing that He has prepared for you.

Please note these are just my opinions on this matter. I truly pray for her health and well being and no one should ever have to go through such a terrible disease, however I do disagree with her decision of dying on her own terms. God knows our birth date and our death date and we shouldn't alter that in any way.

- We had some lovely fall weather this past weekend. I got to wear a long sleeve shirt all day and my Carolina fleece jacket at night. It was wonderful! I'm not sure what happened but we're back up in the high 80s...come on fall, get here already!

- Tarl and I have bounced the idea of another child back and forth for a few years now. We're still not 100% decided but these precious boy nursery ideas are on point!

Wall Decals Nursery Hunting Deer Baby Humor 00140 by bushcreative, $35.00 Love the rustic baby bed

Hunting Fishing Deer Baby - Fishing Pole Tree decal- Childrens Room - Wall Decals Nursery Vinyl decal on Etsy, $100.00

Baby Boy Nursery Art - Chevron Deer Nursery Prints - Kids Wall Art Baby Boys Room - Baby Nursery Decor Playroom Rules Quote - Four 11x14 on Etsy, $75.00

Ducks And Trucks And Bucks - What Little Boys Are Made Of - Prints - Hunter Prints - Hunting Art - Nursery Print - Baby Boy - Personal Print on Etsy, $7.50

If it were a boy we would definitely do a hunting theme...of course if we were blessed with another girl...

Love! Baby girl


Swoon!

- The hubs has been hinting more and more to me about a trip to New York. He'll ask me little questions here and there. "If we went where would you want to stay...". I'm telling you if he has something in the works as my Christmas gift you will hear me singing from the rooftops!

Here's hoping...

- I am ready for a trip to the pumpkin patch. We go annually but October is such a busy month for us that I hope we will be able to go. We'll just have to squeeze it in :)

My family has six birthdays in the month of October.
We have Cadence's cheer game this Friday.
Family in town for a week.
Halloween.
Stay at the Westin that I won for my birthday.
Cadence also has a field trip...wowza, we are busy this month.

- I bought my first Christmas decoration of the season last night. I know I know, it's not even Halloween yet and here I am buying Christmas decor but I couldn't help myself. It was a door hanging Santa with a candy cane countdown attached...it was only $3.50 from Dollar General and I just couldn't resist. I try to buy 5 new decorations each year this way it adds up and before you know it you have containers and containers of decor for the holidays. #sorrynotsorry

- I'm so glad today is Thursday, not sure if I could start this week over again. It has been what you would expect after having nine days off of work.

- I really want to see Annabelle in theaters, but then again I kinda don't. Things like that freak me the eff out and I just don't know if I could handle that..eeekkk! I'm sure most of you know that Annabelle is based off of a true story. You can even visit the actual doll at the Warrens Occult Museum and take a tour of all the things that they have accumulated throughout the years, thanks but I'll pass!

- I do love me some Halloween. To this day I still dress up. I was looking through our Halloweens from the past and I can't believe how quick the days truly go by.

Cadence's first Halloween - 9 months old (look at all those baby toys on our floor!)


2nd Halloween - A little duck <3


Halloween 2012

Halloween 2013


Her 3rd Halloween she was a ballerina, but I cannot find those pictures #fail

You'll have to wait and see what we chose to be this year - can't wait!

Happy Thursday friends.


1 comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger