To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 28, 2014

Ahh, Charleston!

My aunt and uncle are in town from Boston and my aunt is in town from Florida so family has been abundant this week. They are staying the entire week and each night we have dinners planned while sitting around the fire enjoying each others company. It's so nice to catch up and talk about past, present and future. 






I'm excited they are in town visiting but I am more excited about Thursday. I took the day off work and we're all going to beautiful Charleston to explore the city and of course do a little shopping.

We have plans to walk the battery and see the beautiful homes that overlook it. We're also going to go to visit City Market which has lots of different booths where you can find all sorts of southern treasurers ranging from soaps to monogrammed decor. It's a southern woman's dream!

A must do is going to be King Street, my favorite! Adorned with shops as far as the eye can see.

We'll be eating lunch in Charleston and I'm a foodie so this is a hard choice but everyone is looking at me for options. I have my choice of restaurants in Charleston, The Crab House or California Dreaming, but on the other hand I'd love to try something new and I've heard wonderful things about Virginia's on King. They have true southern cooking and I think that my aunt and uncle from Boston would love to taste it. Shrimp & Grits, need I say more?

Any restaurant suggestions for Charleston that I need to know about? Do share!

I'm beyond ready to have the day off work and to spend the entire day with my family in one of the most beautiful cities!

Pics to come...


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger