To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 6, 2014

Weekend

I normally do not do two posts in one day, but seeing as how the rest of this week will be vacation recaps I wanted to fill y'all in on our weekend.

The weather this weekend was true October weather. It was glorious, cool, crisp and the sky was a perfect blue. It was also our home towns annual fall festival.

My nephew Dean was the mascot this year, a gopher turtle. So we had some fun with his costume and even Cadence wanted to try it on :)




We watched the parade, collected a lot of candy and Cadence enjoyed playing with her friends.


We also went and visited my mom who is currently in the hospital. Her COPD has caught up with her again and she is currently fighting bronchitis so I ask that you keep her in your prayers. 

Her spirit is uplifting and amazing so I know it won't be long she'll be back home 
up to her normal self. She's one tough gal!

On Sunday we went and saw her again. On the way home we stopped by the famous Leopold's Ice Cream in downtown Savannah. All the years of living here and never once eating there.

Their ice cream is amazing! Creamy and just plain delicious. The ambiance reminds you of something out of the 50's.

I tried and for some reason this picture would not turn - ugh!







We adore Savannah. It's so much to do and essentially right in our backyard. 

I also wanted to share something exciting with you all. 
Back in September I entered a local writing contest. The winner will be featured in a Savannah blog as well as a nights stay at Savannah's Westin Resort directly on the Savannah river...well guess what? I won!

Perfect timing too, cause my birthday is right around the corner and we're going to stay the night and Tarl is going to treat me to a delicious dinner!




No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger