To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 13, 2014

weekend


As usual the weekend went by in a blink of an eye.
Not too much was on our agenda this weekend, but still a fun (pictureless) one.
Cadence cheered at her school on Friday night during the half time show. It was so much fun and her and all the other little ones did a fabulous job!

I have a ton of videos but no pictures. I'm not tech savvy so I have no idea how to get a video on here...oh well, you'll just have to trust me that it was precious to see all those little gals cheer on their team. 

Saturday we had lunch in town, roasted marshmallows that night and hung out in the new tent Tarl purchased. We didn't stay the night in it, but we spent a good hour just the three of us snuggled telling age appropriate ghost stories to Cadence. We all had a blast, laughing and spending time together.

Yesterday we cooked out with my parents and later on that evening we rented The Other Woman & Scooby Doo and Franken Weird. The Other Woman was an alright movie. One I'm glad I watched but wouldn't watch it again. Scooby Doo was great. A good movie to get you all excited for Halloween.

ABC's 13 nights of Halloween starts this Sunday, can't wait!
Also, The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown airs this week as well! 
Love this time of year.

Next weekend we have big plans for my birthday and I can't wait.

Hurry up Friday!


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger