To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 17, 2014

Friday Five: Ready for the Weekend!


(one)

I am so ready to visit the pumpkin patch tomorrow. It's become an annual tradition for our family and I can't wait to watch the pig races and take the hay ride to the pumpkin patch to pick out that perfect pumpkin! It's so much fun and we always look forward to going.

To read about our visit last year you can click here.

(two)

Tomorrow night Tarl and I are officially celebrating my birthday even though it was on Tuesday. We're staying the night in Savannah and going to my favorite restaurant, The Melting Pot.I have been looking forward to this little getaway all week and the best part is we are staying at the Westin for free! #score

On Tuesday however as I was walking outside to leave work Tarl and Cadence were standing there waiting to take me to dinner. I was completely surprised and it was very unexpected. We went to a little restaurant downtown, enjoyed the scenery and it was nice to not have to cook dinner or clean up afterwards. 

(three)

Now that we are officially in Halloween mode, I know it's not too long before my favorite holiday will arrive, Christmas. I love Christmas. The smells, sights, that warm fuzzy feeling, but it's never too early to start buying Christmas presents. I started mid-August and only have a few more things left to buy for Cadence. 

This year we're also doing the book a night starting December 1st and ending on Christmas Eve, well I purchased her Christmas Eve present yesterday and it also ties in to the book countdown. 

Lost My Name books takes your childs name and turns it into a story. Cadence loves books and I think this is the perfect Christmas Eve gift for her. For $30 your child gets an actual book about their name - how neat is that?!

25 Books for Christmas

For more Christmas inspiration, ideas, recipes and fun - follow my Christmas Pinterest board below!


(four)

I get four commission checks each year. I make a pretty decent salary but those commission checks are the bomb dot com - not gonna lie! Well each commission check there is always something unexpected. Whether it be a bill or something for school or car taxes. Needless to say I've never really got to enjoy them, but that's OK. Well Tarl and I were discussing those checks this morning and he asked when my next one would be. I told him the first of the year and his reply, "good, you should definitely save that check for spending money just in case we go somewhere."

Um...what?! Was that another New York hint? 

St Patrick's Cathedral, NYC

To see this in person - wow!
That's St. Patricks Cathedral by the way, just in case you were wondering. How beautiful!

(five)

It's Friday - have a great weekend everyone!




No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger