To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 1, 2014

Blogmas Day 1 | Letter to Santa


#Blogmas14

I'm linking up with the ladies above to have some blogging fun this Christmas season! 

The great thing about this is, they give you the topic list already so no pulling an idea off the top of your head!




__________

Dear Santa,

Can't believe your time of year has arrived. Busy? I bet! However let's not forget the real reason for the season, the birth and savior of our Lord, Jesus Christ - but you already knew that! Can you imagine what an amazing day that was back in Bethlehem all those years ago? Wow!

As always I ask for the health and happiness for my family and friends, both old, new and lost. Some friendships, as sweet as they were, grew apart. Some friendships, as new as they maybe, are a blessing. Regardless of the outcome of each individual friendship whether loved or lost - I ask for their happiness, health and well being to both them and their family!

Gifts are good, heck some gifts are great but I love giving! Seeing Cadence's face light up on Christmas morning or throughout each day in December when she see's what your little buddy, Olly, our Elf on the Shelf has been up to. Seeing the look or smile on Tarl's face when I gift him the goods that he has asked for. Although my mom and dad are hard to please with gifts, I'm pretty sure I knocked it out of the park this year, we shall see.

Per usual, New York is at the top of my list, again...one day - that's what I keep telling myself! It will happen, when the time is right. 

Thank you for all that you do. Thanks for the gifts and the goods. At 28 years old I still believe! Sure as hell don't want any coal in my stocking!

xo

4 comments

  1. I think it's so sweet that you wished for health and happiness for all of your friends: old, new, estranged or otherwise. Hope you get everything you want for Christmas.

    xxx,
    Katie
    katiesgreatperhaps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a sweet letter! This is my favorite time of year and I think it's because everyone is so giving and generous, there is love in the air (that's cheesy I know). I hope all your Christmas wishes come true!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get to go to New York--- I'm assuming you mean NYC?! If so, it's AMAZING! It's been nearly 10 years since I went, and I so desperately want to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you love giving, just made me smile because I know exactly you mean. It's amazing what you receive spiritually when you give! Excellent letter!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger