To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 16, 2014

Six.

Six years ago, on a Tuesday just like today in fact, I gave birth to the best blessing that I could have ever been given, Cadence. She is such a light in our life. She is truly the sweetest most kind hearted little girl I know. She cares for others. She's strong willed but at the same time wears her heart on her sleeve. It's so hard to believe that these past six years have flown by as quickly as they have. I'm so happy to call her my little girl.

It was PJ day at school and she wore her Elf on the Shelf PJs


With it being her birthday Olly brought her a present, the Elf on the Shelf game with a note saying that she can now have him all year long, by gifting her the game.




He also wrote her some fun little things with lipstick on the mirror


This morning I sent her to school with three dozen cupcakes adorned with pink, blues and tons of sparkly sprinkles per her request. I sure hope she has a great birthday at school. I know that if a child has a birthday they have special birthday glasses they get to wear and the entire class sings to you. She was much looking forward to it. Now to get home and play the game with her and Tarl. I love how special birthdays are, especially to children.

I am ready to get this week done. I hardly have to work at all next week or the week after and I'm ready to just relax without the hustle and bustle of every day work flow.

Can you believe we're in the single digits now? Only 9 more days y'all!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger