To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 22, 2014

Monday Before Christmas

I can't believe we are only three days until Christmas.
Christmas week is finally here, y'all!
If only the "yuck" would leave my house.

We were all feeling better, for a good nine days. No fevers. No sneezing. No stomach bugs in sight and wouldn't you know Friday around midnight I started throwing up and it didn't stop until around 2am Sunday morning Sunday at around 10am I woke up feeling brand new. I took a shower, straightened up the house and spent time cuddling with my family. That evening Cadence started coughing, congestion in her nose and woke up this morning with a tummy ache. 

Fortunately there is still no fever and I pray it's nothing more then a little head cold/congestion that will go away before Christmas. Tis' the season for germs too I suppose but I will sure be glad when they are gone from our house. 

Olly has still been up to his silliness.



Unfortunately with me being sick I missed my family's annual Christmas party. I've only missed two in 28 years so I guess that's not too bad a ratio, but I still am sorry that I missed it. Tarl and Cadence still went and they both had a blast. I'm so blessed in the fact that my family and Tarl are unlike some marriages where you hear the in-laws and spouses don't get a long. I'm so happy that he loves my family and my family loves him like their own. Enough to where he is comfortable to go to a party, without me, with 30+ family members of mine.

Cadence made out with a lot of great, new toys so she was a happy little girl when she came home. Sick or not she told me all about it and I was so happy she had a great time. 

On a random note I thought this was hilarious...


I mean, it is true :)

Sorry not much to post. Between work, Christmas shopping, wrapping, crafts, movies and sicknesses we've been busy. On a happier note tomorrow is my last day of work until Tuesday of next week - holla! Per usual I will not be posting while on my Christmas break. 

Talk to y'all tomorrow!

Merry Monday before Christmas!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger