To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 10, 2014

Midweek Randoms

In our home we always have popsicles, always. Cadence and I killed a box of rocket pops this week with our sore throats. We couldn't taste the flavor to save our lives but the coolness of them sure felt nice.

Tarl went Christmas shopping for me last night. Each year he looks forward to going one night in December. He grabs his Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha, shops and then has dinner at Logans Steakhouse or Carey Hilliards after because I'm not a fan of those two restaurants.

When he pulled up last night I ran outside dying to see what he got me, but of course no luck! Only 15 days until I have to find out though!

I only have a few items left on my Christmas list. My secret Santa that my family participates in, a few items left on Tarl's list, and my boss. After that I'm done. I honestly don't mind buying gifts though. I actually look forward to it (when I have the spare cash). I love looking around for something that fits that person perfectly, wrapping it with care and watching their face light up as they open it.

How about that Sons of Anarchy series finale (as in it's completely over) last night?! I've been a hardcore fan ever since it started seven years ago and cannot believe that it's over for good. Very sad to be honest, but the way it ended...bummer! Don't worry I won't spoil it for you if you have your DVRs set.

My family and I are attending The Journey tonight put on my Savannah Christian Church. It is our first time doing it and we've heard nothing but excellent things about it. I'm excited to see the production as well as Cadence learning the true meaning of Christmas. You can learn more about The Journey here.

This morning Olly drew on some of our pictures in the hutch. A mustache on Cadence along with bushy eyebrows. A Santa hat and beard on me and elf ears on Tarl.



I've had a blast with Olly this year. I'm not going to lie though. There has been two nights thus far I've had to wake up at 4am to use the bathroom and completely forgotten to move him and rushed to move him just so I can get back in bed. It happens.

My local radio station reads a letter each day to help support local families impacted by cancer this Christmas season. Whether it be a mom, dad, or child. I cannot imagine having to be in the hospital on Christmas Day being sick or worse, having a sick child. I just want to remind everyone to be very thankful for their health and the health of your family. It's the things like that, that cannot be bought. I praise the Good Lord each day for the health of my loved ones and pray daily for their continued health. If you or someone you love is having a hard time this year and would like some extra prayers I would be happy to do so. Just email me and let me know. Listening to those letters each day serve as a strong reminder of the many things I have that I take for granted daily. Thank you Jesus for everything that you do for me!


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger