To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 19, 2014

Twas the Friday before Christmas and...

...all through the land,
warm coffee was toasting the palms of my hand. 

As I typed on my keyboard
with cheery thoughts on my mind.
Ready for quitting time
to relax and unwind.

With s'mores on the agenda
for this evening's activity.
Tarl and Cadence,
Sawyer, Rosie and me.

We'll spend time together
laughing and singing,
"We wish you a Merry Christmas",
our ears will be ringing.

Christmas parties tomorrow
with family and friends.
It's hard to believe
Christmas is almost at an end.

I'll miss wrapping the presents
and topping them with bows.
Oh, how I love Christmas,
from the top of my head to the tip of my toes!

Let's not forget, however, the main reason,
Jesus is what it's all about this season.
He was sent to us for all women and men,
to forgive each and every single sin.

He was born 
on this most special day.
Snuggled in a manger,
 as a baby he lay.

Happy Birthday Jesus!
We love you so!
Make sure y'all pray this Christmas
whether family, friend or foe.

Merry Christmas!

-Miranda | Life in the Lowcountry

Happy Friday Friends. 
I hope you liked my little poem that I pulled off the top of my head. 
Something different to read on this Friday morning.

I am so very happy it's Friday and I'm so blessed to be sitting here typing this out. I have my health, as does my family. A roof over my head and food in my stomach. The things we take for granted daily, a lot of people don't have. Let's remember those people as we say our prayers. Let's remember to pray for our friends, family and yes even our enemies as sometimes they are the ones who need the most praying for. 

I'm so excited that I only have a few hours left of work today and only two days next week!

I hope each of you have a safe and blessed weekend!



No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger