To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 17, 2014

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas {and other midweek randoms}

It's so hard to fathom that we only have 8 more days until Christmas is here. 
As of today my shopping is absolutely complete and it feels oh so good to say that. 
A few more things to wrap when I get home and my Christmas tree will be completely trimmed with presents below. 

If you've been a reader for a while then you've heard me talk about the James Island lights in Charleston. It's a huge light display they put on annually and it's stunning. The first night we went to Charleston we got to James Island earlier than we thought and would have had to wait an hour for the park to open, so we decided to enjoy the city of Charleston instead. We tried again this past Saturday night and that was a huge mistake! The line was at a stand still for 8 miles. We wouldn't have been able to see the lights until 1am if not later and that's no fun for anyone so we turned around and headed right back home. 

With Cadence's birthday being  yesterday we opted to try for a third time around and I'm so glad we did. We got right in, it wasn't busy at all and the lights were stunning - not to mention how happy it made our sweet birthday girl!

As I said before, there are thousands upon thousands of lights, but here are a few of my personal favorite...









They also do a huge sand castle each year.


Our advent calendar is coming to a close. With only eight more things to do leading up until Christmas Day - I just can't believe it. Today's "to-do" is play a game. So I'm sure when we get home we'll be playing our new Elf on the Shelf game that Cadence got for her birthday yesterday from Olly. It looks fun and I'm sure she'll love it. 

***

On a separate note I have been in the mood to travel. Our week long trip in Disney seemed like ages ago and I am so ready for another getaway. Obviously I know that we are beyond blessed to have the means to be able to travel and we're very fortunate in that fact but that doesn't mean I don't love to travel when I can and I've been in the mood for another getaway. I search Trip Advisor New York daily. If I can't be there at least I can look at pictures!

I don't know about y'all but daily around 2/3 I get so tired and just want to go home. It's the slowest part of the day at my job and I guess that's part of it but it seems that 2pm forward just drags by so slowly. I can't wait to have some time off work for Christmas. We have two Christmas parties this weekend and then next week the big day arrives!

Love this time of year!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger