To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 7, 2015

Cadence



Today is all about this girl!
This girl who stole my heart 6 1/2 years ago and continues to amaze me and her daddy daily.


She just got her hair cut shoulder length last Thursday. It's only the second time in her life that she's ever gotten her hair cut short. The last time she cut it was two years ago, the same length.
The only difference now is, this time she looks so much older with short hair and it blows my mind!


Picture taken July 2013

Cadence is truly the sweetest child I know. She cares about others. She is always taking care of her pets as if they were her own children. She treats her baby dolls and stuffed animals with the utmost care, but her most favorite is Pinkin White. Pinkin White who cost us $0.50 out of a claw machine four years ago. Pinkin White who she has cuddled with every night before bed and has traveled with us on every trip we've been on. He's missing fur, been sewn twice, but he's her #1 stuffed animal and it's the sweetest thing.

Cadence loves to eat, which is wonderful. We've never really had to fight for her to eat, ever. She loves fruits and vegetables. Particularly mandarin oranges, celery and baby carrots. Her most favorite food of all time though is cheese pizza. Regular ole Tostino's, out of the box, cheese pizza. 

She loves doing anything active, whether it be playing baseball, soccer, jumping on the trampoline, or games with the family. She can also turn around and be a little beauty queen. One who loves minimal makeup, having her hair curled and pretty dresses.

winning her school pageant

winning her county pageant

winning the coastal carolina pageant


I'm not boasting that she has won all these pageants, I'm just so incredibly proud that she has won them. She practices her pageant walk by setting out stuffed animal audiences and she adores trying on pageant dresses. I love that I have a tom boy and a prissy girl all rolled into one.

I love that she wants to dress up on any random day.


Like a kitty cat in the middle of summer :)


I love that out of all the toys and dolls and dresses to choose from in Disney, she chose a cheap umbrella, just because it was pink!

I love that she understands manners and knows when to use them. She is polite to others and says yes ma'am and no sir when necessary. Don't get me wrong. She is slowly testing our patience with an attitude some times, but all I have to do is give her a sideways look and she straightens right up. 

She has her daddy and both of her granddaddies wrapped around her little finger.

I love that she prays. I love that she knows Jesus. I love that she understands what Heaven is and knows of His unfailing love for us.

I am so blessed to call this sweet little girl, mine.

God has blessed Tarl and I beyond measure to give us such a wonderful daughter.


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger