To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 22, 2015

This & That


I have been so busy at work the past two days that I've barely taken a lunch break. My index finger hurts so bad from all the mouse clicking and typing...to be honest though, I don't hate it as the days have flown by.

In my spare time (which has been few and far between) I've pinned some pretties, wanna see?



I'm so sick of our living room. Tan walls, brown drapes, brown curtain rods, brown furniture...I'm over the brown! I'm wanting to completely revamp our entire living room. Furniture will have to wait as that's a rather large expense that I'm not willing to spend right now, but I'm thinking of painting the walls a very light gray (almost off white) and adding long white drapes with oil rubbed bronze curtain rods to give it the contrast it would need up against the walls. A large area rug and re-doing our brown coffee table in white chalk paint to give it that antique feel.

I feel this project is in my near future, now to get Tarl on board, which I think will be an easy task because even he has told me he's sick of the brown!


This is my inspiration. Swoon.

Bespoke Natural Grey Engineered Oak from Reclaimed Flooring Co http://www.periodideas.com/bespoke-natural-grey-engineered-oak-reclaimed-flooring-co

Cadence has had her second Vacation Bible School this week. She goes to the one at our Church (which was earlier this summer) and goes to another in town where a lot of her school friends attend. She thoroughly enjoys it, and as I've said before I'm so glad she loves learning about Jesus and His never ending love for us. As always, if you want to learn more about Christ, feel free to email me. I may not be a perfect Christian, but he is my perfect Lord and Savior and I'd love to talk to you about it.

While Cadence has been at VBS, Tarl and I have had a lot of one on one time together and it's been nice. Don't get me wrong. I love Cadence. He loves Cadence. We adore her, but every now and then it's nice to be able to catch up, just the two of us. 

Last night we were riding the golf cart when he looked over at me and said, "are you getting excited about Disney?" I responded with, well duh, but I'm so very ready for New York at the moment. He understood but then said, I really wanted to stay at Disney's Riverside resort. I honestly could not believe my ears. You see, Tarl isn't the planner. I am. I do all the planning, hotel, dinners, scheduling our times accordingly. He just shows up and has always had a great time.

Well earlier this year when we had anticipated going this September, we had planned to stay at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside resort. It's this beautiful moderate resort that Disney has that's covered in magnolia trees, located directly on a man-made river that surrounds the entire property. The hotel looks as if it's a big southern mansion, or you can choose Alligator Bayou rooms which resemble true Louisiana style homes. You can also take a boat from the resort to Downtown Disney at no extra charge. We were sold. 

But then we cancelled and decided to go in April instead. When I booked our April trip I booked us at a value resort. Art of Animation, which is colorful and bright and fun, but not as pretty and close to the rest of Disney like Riverside is. Well last night, Tarl told me he really wanted to stay there, so we called Disney and upgraded. I'm so excited and cannot wait to stay there for 8 nights come April :)




This is my current mood...


Not going to lie. I went into the storage closet again last night and eyed my Fall decor container. I was so tempted...it's like crack y'all. I love orange, pumpkins and leaves! Plus it means Christmas is coming and y'all know how much I love Christmas, and on that note...

(this Friday will actually make it 19!)




I thought this beautiful cake was worth sharing. Pink and gold, need I say more?

Frances Confident and sophisticated, with gold leaf and blush pink with golden piped details.



New York is now less than two months away. I am so ready to be back in that wonderful city. My list continues to grow each day. I want to see different things than I saw the first time I went back in March, but there are a few repeats that I have listed. If you have a must-see or must-do, please comment and tell me! I love the ideas! Angela and I have considered having High Tea once we arrive at a little cafe on the upper East side. They serve tea, with sandwiches and scones. Sounds all fancy :)
Still not sure, but it may be fun, and then we'll totally un-class ourselves, get on the subway, head to Chinatown and buy some fake handbags! #gottakeepitreal

Happy Hump Day!

1 comment

  1. AnonymousJuly 22, 2015

    I really like the room in the inspiration picture! I might paint my office that grey color, since I already have wood floors.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger