To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 6, 2015

Happy Birthday America, Mom and Dad!


July 4th weekend was great. 
We rented a HUGE water slide that was 37' tall and slid on it the entire weekend.



My mom and dad's birthday is also this weekend so we celebrated their special days as well by hoaving a big BBQ and some birthday cake. (and yes, that is my 69 year old dad climbing to the top of the water slide)

and coming down...



Our entire family was impressed to say the least! He's just a big kid at heart :)

When the slide first arrived Cadence was scared, but after going it down it once, that was all she wrote, she was hooked and we couldn't keep her off of it. We all had a blast!


I would apologize for only having took those five pictures, but I won't because I was having way too much fun with my family.

Now here's hoping this work week doesn't drag. 

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger