To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 29, 2015

New York Plans


Ahh...New York. Only a 1 1/2 months away now. 
Mind you, my sister and I planed this getaway two weeks ago, and those have been the slowest two weeks, however we've got our list finalized and everything mapped out.

Here is what we want to see. I know it's a lot, but most of these are just for pictures sake, not necessarily to go inside and look around, just to say, yeah, I've seen that!

Some of these I saw last time, but I'd love to see again, and of course, Angela wants to see them. If I've already done it, it's in bold.

The ones *starred* are more or less photo opportunity's and things we want to take pictures of.

Cake Boss Cafe (Tarl said it's a must for me to bring him back a lobster tail)
Tiffany's on Fifth
Dylan's Candy Bar
Carmines (I told Angela, this restaurant is a must for us, delicious!)
Bloomingdales
Juniors Cheesecake (another must!)
Henri Bendel
Tory Burch
Kate Spade
Chanel
Dolce and Gobbana
The Met**
Belvedere Castle**
Bow Bridge**
Bethesda Fountain**
Museum of New York City (School that was on Gossip Girl)**
Serendipity
St. Patrick's Cathedral**
Rockefeller Center**
Grand Central Station
Magnolia Bakery
Chrysler Building**
Laduree Macarons
Empire Hotel (Chuck Bass' Home)**
Palace Hotel (Serena's Home)**
Nate Archibalds Apartment**
Blair Waldorf's Apartment**
Christian Loubitin
Saks 5th Avenue
Manolo Blahnik
Macy's
Herald Square**
Empire State Building (still not sure if we're going to go to the top)**
Flatiron Building**
Washington Square Park**
Friends Apartment
Chelsea Market
China Town (gotta get them handbags!)
Tribeca
Balthazars (world famous croissants)
Statue of Liberty (not taking the ferry, just viewing it from the dock)**
Freedom Tower-9/11 Memorial**
Little Italy
Dominique Ansel Bakery (world famous cronuts)
Brooklyn Bridge**

I've loved Gossip Girl from day one. I'm almost 30, but I still love it #dontjudgeme
My sister shares the same gossip girl passion I do, so we have tons of gossip girl places on our list :)

On Friday we have dinner reservations at Carmine's, but we're still up in the air on where to eat Saturday night, so if you have any recommendations please let me know. I'm all ears!

Is there anything that we missed? This is going to be a completely different trip for me as going with my husband and sister are two different things. Again, any advice is welcome!!!

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger