To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 10, 2015

Friday Favorites


image via

I'm a sucker for up and coming artists. To me, I adore them so much more right before they make it big. I had been listening to music by Jake Owen and Florida Georgia Line long before anyone hardly knew there name. Michael Ray is the same and now he's blowing up big time.

I have had Kiss You in the Morning on repeat. Seriously, even if you don't like country music, do yourself a favor and listen to it! #obsessed

(Plus he's super easy on the eyes! - I guess I'm also a sucker for dark hair and tattoos)

//

Tarl and I have talked more and more about houses lately. We don't know yet if we want to build or buy when that time comes, but I do know one thing, if we build, I definitely want exposed beams in my house somewhere. I love the look they give and in my opinion, they make a home look so much more 'homier'.

Attic bedroom.
image via

FARMHOUSE – INTERIOR – rustic dining room with farmhouse table and eclectic chair set.
(couldn't find image source)


While we're on the subject of decor, how cute would this wallpaper be in a master closet or powder room?

Master Closet / Wallpaper / Dream Home
image via

//

Last night I purchased everything I need to start a weekend project. I'm not divulging any details because I want to make sure that it turns out OK. Even if it doesn't, I'll be sure and share that way you don't make any of the mistakes that I possibly might make, but I'm hoping it turns out the way I picture it in my mind. #fingerscrossed

I'll give you a hint , chalk paint...shhh...

//

I changed my blog look around a bit and went back and noticed that a lot of my old posts no longer show the pictures in them. I honestly have no clue why that happens, but if you know please tell me. I'm going to try and start posting pictures to my blog a different way and maybe that will make the difference...here's hoping!

Anyways, speaking of pictures/images. Here's a few I want to share with you on this wonderful Friday!



This picture pretty much sums up perfection to me. No shoes, short shorts, fresh blueberries off the vine while sharing stories about old times with my family and my parents. Honestly, what else describes the Lowcountry better than some blueberry pickin'??


I read this, cried, realized how true it is and thought it was definitely worth a share!


And I'm sharing this with y'all, well because...it's 100% true and I can't freaking wait!

Happy Friday friends!

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger