To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 15, 2015

Woo-Hoo!!!


So ever since we left New York back in March, I've had a yearning to go back. 
Clearly, that's no secret. 
The city was everything I had dreamed of and then some.
However, the city can be quite costly and I assumed it would be years before I had the opportunity to go back, until yesterday. 

Yesterday I received an email showcasing low flight costs, but of course, like most anything I was certain there would be black out dates and stipulations. Turns out, there wasn't.

For two people, round trip, it was only $250! Which is a steal!

I immediately texted my sister, Angela, and asked her if she could afford a quick weekend trip to the city. We would eat cheap pizza and window shop but I would finally be back in the city and she would finally get to see it herself for the first time. She said yes and the planning began!

I sweet talked Tarl into giving me an early birthday present by buying the flight for me, done and no cost to me and the best birthday present that he could give me!

My sister and I agree'd that we would each pay for one night of our hotel stay. We're only staying two nights and we got a hotel in Times Square for $230 a night. A bit steep for our taste, but NYC isn't cheap and we wanted to be sure we stayed in the center of Manhattan so we can see as much as we can in the 2 1/2 days we're there. 

Thus far, I've only spent $230 bucks out of my pocket and I have a couple months to save for some spending money. Our lists have begun and to say I'm excited is a HUGE understatement.

See ya in a few New York...


More details to come...xo

1 comment

  1. Yay!! That's so awesome you get to go back, and with your sister too! I can't wait to hear more about the planning and trip!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger