To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 28, 2013

Catch Up



Sami's Shenanigans
 
 
This weekend was spent with family and we had such a great time. That extra day off work really did the trick, and I'm about to make you really jealous, I not only had yesterday off for Memorial Day, but I also have this Friday off because we're going out of town...let's hear it for a 3 day work week!
 
Essentially, today is my hump day! Woot - woot!
 
Here is a sneak peak of my weekend.
 
Saturday
 
We spent most of the day Saturday at the redneck beach, our pond. We fished, layed out, splashed and had a good ole time at home.


...and of course it wouldn't be a blog post without a selfie :)
#nofilter #sunshine


Sunday
 
The hubby went fishing with his dad, so princess and I went to the pool and had a blast floating around. It was so hot outside but the pool water was nice and cool!





 
Monday
 
Monday was probably my most favorite day out of the entire weekend, although it was the last day of the long weekend. My little family, along with my dad and nephew, went fishing. Princess was the first one to catch a fish, and she went on to catch 5 total. Yesterday was a memory I will always cherish because my dad was there to help her bait her line and reel the fish in, just like he used to do with me when I was a child. It was very touching to see them interact and be able to snap pics of it to look back on and remember. Hubby also caught a nice sized catfish :)
 



Once we got done fishing we played in the sand pile for I know a good two hours. Cadence buried her cousin in the sand, and the funniest part of the day was when we made a tunnel and one of the chickens walked through it. #redneckcomedy



 
Although this will be the shortest week with me only working three days, I know these days will drag. Oh well, I have something to look forward to this weekend.
 
xo
 
 
 
 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger