To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend Recap





Friday
 
Friday I got the sweetest surprise while working. A beautiful Edible Arrangement from my sweet hubby and beautiful Princess. It was definitely unexpected, and was a sweet treat to begin my Mother's Day weekend.
 
 
I believe the hubs had an alterior motive for getting this for me. He wanted some himself when I took it home, but all the good stuff was gone by that point.
 
Later that night the three of us had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, The Melting Pot!
Fiesta Cheese Fondue is simply delicious and their dessert is amazing!
 
 
Our little Photographer Princess captured this picture of us while outside the restaurant!
With a little help from Instagram, it turned out great!
 
Saturday
 
That morning hubs and Princess went golfing while he let me sleep in and catch up on all of my DVR'd shows. Once they got home we all went to the beach and had some fun in the sun!
 
 
How cute is she?
 
I received a last minute cake order and had the extra materials so I went ahead and knocked it out the way. It only took me about 30 minutes to do and I think the ducky themed turned out so cute.
 
 
 
If you're ever interested in a Inedible Cake for a baby shower or a Towel cake for a bridal shower, check out my FaceBook Page.
 
Sunday
 
After spending some quality time with my little family and giving mom her Mother's Day gift, I wanted some major relaxation as my final gift, so the hubby took Princess to his mother's for their little celebration and my sister and I hit up the beach all day long. It was perfect! We ate lunch at The Salty Dog Cafe, where they passed out Carnations to all the moms. We stayed at the beach for most the day and then finished off with a great dinner.
 

Hilton Head is so beautiful

Carb Free Crab Cake Sandwich with Fresh Fruit - so delicious!
While at the beach I received these photos of my two loves...I posted to Instagram with the caption
"she thinks she's just fishing"
 
I love this! The times I remember most with my dad were of us fishing, so I know that she will look back on this picture one day with sweet memories.
 
I hope each of you had a fabulous Mother's Day weekend! I know I sure did!
 


1 comment

  1. Ahhh what an awesome mommy's weekend! And for a little princess, she took an awesome picture!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger