To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 21, 2013

Pray for Oklahoma



Imagine waking up one morning. You stretch and kiss your spouse, your kids, feed your dog, make you a cup of coffee, while making lunches for your children. Applying your makeup and brushing your hair. You lock your home as you do each morning and make your drive to school to drop your child off. You go in to work and in an instant your life is forever changed.
 
What if you had no home to go to, those were the lucky ones. Other's lost their loved ones, their children, their significant others. Homes and material possessions can be replaced but not your family or friends. I'm not going to do a long post on this, as it's tragic enough. Whether or not if you read or watch the news, I'm sure most of you have heard about yesterday's devastation in Moore, Oklahoma.
 
It's extremely sad and we will never understand, nor is it our place to question why these things happen, all I do know is that prayer is an uplifting, powerful thing that can bring instant peace to someone. Pray for Oklahoma, and if you are financially able to, text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation to the relief of yesterday's deadly tornado. It will automatically be applied to your cell phone bill. This goes hand in hand with my post yesterday. We need to really take in life's little moments, because we never know when that moment will be forever gone and we may never be able to get it back. I pray for the families and people affected by yesterday's disaster. I pray that they may find peace if they lost a loved one, and I pray they find God if they don't know him. I pray that their lives, although they may never be the same, will become greater than before.
 
Let's uplift Oklahoma into our thoughts and our prayers!
 
via








 

1 comment

  1. What a great post! I am so saddened by the devastation yesterday. I couldn't imagine what those people are going through :(

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger