To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 22, 2013

Wednesday Love




 
 
 
Wednesday is that one day a week that is bittersweet. Bitter because it's only Wednesday, Sweet because it's Wednesday and you're half way through.
 
This will be my first "What I'm Loving Wednesday" post, so here we go...
 
I'm loving that even though there was massive devastation and destruction. Our country comes together as one through thoughts, donations, and of course the most helpful of all, prayers.
Let's continue to keep Moore, Oklahoma in our prayers as well as each and every single person who was affected by this terrible tragedy. Remember you can text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation that will automatically be applied to your cell phone bill. It's that easy!
 
 
via
This might be asking a lot, but can we get 1,000 "Likes" for this brave teacher
via
 
I'm loving what I experienced this morning, because normally those blue lights mean something completely different, I will just share with you my FaceBook status to explain.
 
On the way to work this morning a cop had the entire road blocked off for no apparent reason, so I followed the other cars by going around the median, sure enough that's when all of us saw it. A burly, strong, 6 foot, 280 pound cop, stop traffic to save the life of a little turtle. It goes to show you that even the "strongest" of men have soft spots!
 
Yes this truly happened and it still has a smile on my face.
 
I am in desperate need of a mani and pedi - I'm loving these cute, summery ideas!
 
Pinned Image
via
 
Pinned Image
via
 
Pinned Image
via
 
Pinned Image
Anything with an anchor is a must have for me! {via}





 
Pinned Image
via
Pinned Image
via
I have been trying to let my hair grow out, and it's now starting to get some real length to it. My hair grows at the pace of a dead snail, so the thought of cutting it makes me cringe, but seeing these super cute summer bobs gives me that itch to make a hair appointment!
 
Long bob, love it.
via
Cheryl Cole, Curly Hair, Dark Brown, Shoulder Length Hair, Waves,
via
medium length hairstyles | Haircuts for Short and Medium length hair | 2013 Haircuts, Hairstyles ...
via
 
With that being said...let it grow or go for it?!

Lastly, I'm loving the blessings that God continues to give to my family and I. The things I take for granted daily, home, car, electricity, simply waking up in the morning and breathing in that South Carolina air, and of course my wonderful little family, who I am forever grateful for.


 
 xo

 
 
 


7 comments

  1. Love the glittery nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of those gorgeous nail photos. Too bad I can't create those on my own!

    & isn't it amazing to see our country comes together to support those in crisis. It is remarkable to see how much good in people have in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - that's the thing, trying to replicate the pictures. Not gonna happen for this girl either! And yes, it's so amazing to see our country come together as one. It's just a shame it takes a disaster like that to do it.

      Delete
  3. Found your blog through WILW. I'm your newest follower. Love your blog. FYI I think shorter hair would look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and following! Girl it is a scary scary thing to cut my hair, but I'm thinking about it :)

      Delete
  4. AnonymousMay 22, 2013

    Found your blog through WILW and loved this post! Especially the story about the cop and the turtle :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger