To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 8, 2013

My First Designer Handbag



 
Let me first start off by saying that as much as I love handbags, especially Michael Kors, Louis, and Vince Camuto, I'm not one to go out and spend that kind of money on one. I'd rather, and do, put my money towards paying off debt, clothes, shoes, or saving up for a trip. It may not have a designer name to it, but for the most part I can find super chic bags at Target or local boutiques, that doesn't mean I have not dreamt of them though :)
 
I submitted my name into a local radio station for their annual handbag giveaway. If you're one of the lucky ones chosen, you have 10 minutes to call the radio station and tell them that you heard your name on the radio. I've been listening since day one and have eyed that Vince Camuto since day one. It was down to the very last bag. As in the contest was over, and wouldn't you know, my name was called. I couldn't dial those numbers fast enough. My FaceBook blew up with people telling me they heard my name, and I received about 7 different phone calls,
 while on the phone with the radio DJ.
 
 
I love the color! It's perfect for the Spring and Summer months.
 
Ignore the blurriness but here is a pic of me once I picked it up, if you can't tell by the picture, I was ecstatic. It is the first time I've ever won something so lavish. It also came with $100 worth of gift cards, which have already been spent, naturally.
 
 
I tried to get the clip of me on the radio, so you can hear my crackly hick voice, but unfortunately I'm not computer savvy, so you'll just have to enjoy the pics.
 
xo
 
 


1 comment

  1. Love the bag!! The color is perfect for this time of year!!! Congrats on winning it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger