To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 3, 2013

Hashtagging It



 
Sometimes I run out of things to talk about on le blog. That's when I have to pull an idea out of my ass a rabbit out of a hat and come up with something. Sometimes, those are the best blog posts, and other times, not so much. I assume every one loves a good bitch rant. So here it goes...
 
1 - Jason Collins
 
You may not notice the name, but I'm sure you have heard about this. Jason Collins is the NBA player who just recently came out the closet and told all of the world that he is gay. I think this is great. I don't think that someone should have to lie about who they are. I have nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing against  homosexuality. I am not going to bully someone because of their choices, nor am I going to speak ill of them because of their choices. I know a few gay people and they are some of the most kind-hearted souls you will ever meet, however, I am a Christian. I believe in God and Jesus Christ and I believe every word in the Bible to be true, and it clearly states that homosexuality is a sin, thus I am against it. It also says lying is a sin too, that doesn't stop people from doing it.
 
The thing that irritates me so much about this, is the fact that our President took the time out of his day to call Mr. Collins, and pronounce to him that he is a modern day hero for doing this, that he is proud of him for taking a stand. Wow - just wow! Tim Tebow has all but screamed from the rooftops that he is a believer in Jesus Christ. He has and continues to wear scriptures under his eyes during games, but as far as I know he's never received a phone call from our President. #ThingsThatPissMeOff
 
Being gay isn't something heroic! Lying isn't something heroic! Saving a baby from a burning building is something heroic! Leaving your family for months a time to go and fight for our country is heroic! The family's who are at home every night without their mother, or father, or child, because he or she is fighting overseas, they are the hero's, not Jason Collins for publicly announcing he's gay!
 
End of story!
 
 
 
2 - Game Requests
 
To all of my dear FaceFook friends - I do not play FaceBook games, and if I start to play FaceBook games I still do not want to receive 30+ requests for said game in one day! I recently cleaned out my friends list. I wore that unfriend button out yesterday! #ThingsThatDriveMeInsane
 
3 - Resale Pages
 
I am a member of quite a few local resale pages on FaceBook. You know the kind, the place where we sell the crap we no longer use and try to make some quick cash in the process. As of recent, some of these people think they are running a department store, with designer prices. It is called REsale for a reason people, you are re-selling it because it has been used. Even if it is brand new and never used, I'm not going to pay you full price, when I can go down the road and buy if off the rack for the same, tags still on it. It's quite comical to see some of these resale'ers comment. They get down right rude if they are not the first in line for an item. #ThingsThatMakeMeChuckle
 
4 - Two-Faced
 
Those people who you know can't stand you. The one's you know talk so poorly about you behind your back. Your hater's, if you will. They are the same one's to like each of your posts, comment on every single one of your pictures, and smile to your face in public. Bitch, you don't like me, so please don't pretend to. I don't like you and I'm not about to add a smile wrinkle on my face for you.
We are all grown women, let's act like it. If you like me, than great. If you don't, that's fine too. If you want to start being my friend, than quit talking smack about me and we'll get along just fine.
#ThingsThatMakeMeWantToSmackAHo
 
xo
 
 
 


P.S. I won a radio contest and got over $400 worth of items. A Vince Camuto Handbag, and four gift cards. #Score (Pics to come)

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger