To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 17, 2013

Stuffy Friday



I woke up with a serious head cold this morning, but still managed to get up at the crack of dawn to make it to my 7:45 dentist appointment...fun!
 
 
This head cold has seemed to gotten worse as the day has progressed, because not only can I barely speak now, but my nose matches the color of my shirt, pink! I've gone through two entire rolls of tissue paper by blowing it all day long.
 
This weekend is going to be full of snuggles, soup, and sleep!
 
Here are some things that would make this cold a little bit easier...
 
Pinned Image
via
 
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
via
 
Pinned Image
via
 
I believe that if I had to look at this every time I went to blow my nose it wouldn't be so bad #justsayin
 
...or this to snuggle with?
 
 
Pinned Image
via
I used to have a pug, Patty the pug, because she joined our family on St. Patrick's Day!
We absolutely adored her, but she had a lot of issues. As soon as we bought her (and pugs aren't cheap!) her eye started to have some issues. After 3 different vet trips, they fixed it. Not long after, she had an issue with her nose, so two more vet trips and a cone collar for two weeks. After the cone collar, she started losing her hair. We had her for a total of two months and at the time, we were never home to take care of her, the vet bills were adding up, so we gave her to a family who could support her diva self! We will always love Patty and miss her dearly but I know she's having a blast! This doesn't mean I still don't want a pug...I think of one every day!
 
Pinned Image
via
Pinned Image
via
Not that the tattoo would make me feel better, but I figure this post was random enough to throw it in and say I love this! I have seven already - that's a post for a different day :)
 
Have a great weekend!
 
xo
 
 


1 comment

  1. just found your blog, love it! I hope you feel better soon! -Char

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger