To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 2, 2013

The Sister Diary's



I was blessed with two sisters. The blonde is my sister, Angela, and the brunette is my sister, LaTesha. We also have a brother, Trey, but this post is about sisters. I am the baby of the family. A complete accident. My parents were beginning their "prime" years. My mom had just turned 40 and thought she was going through "the change", alas, she had me growing inside of her. Hahaha - I've always been a jokester, since day one.
 
I'm sure a lot of my readers can agree, if you have more than one sibling it is hard to be friendly with all of them. We are siblings and we fight - that's what is in our genetics to do. We argue, we makeup, and then we do it all over again. 
 
There are times when my sister LaTesha and I are super close. We hang out with our significant others quite frequently. We will go to dinner, plan vacations, camping trips, etc. Some where in the mix that slacks off and then it's on to my sister, Angela. It's not me picking and choosing. I would love for the three of us to be the next "Golden Girls", but we have all grown up and lead separate lives. It's hard to find a time for all three of us to eat dinner together, or simply have a 3-way phone conversation, nor are we the type to do that. LaTesha has three children and her own business. Angela has two children, and I have the Princess and work a full time job. Any spare time we have we want to spend with our own little families, not each other, and I want that to change, in a sense.
 
I want to at least try and manage the three of us to get together one night every two months and have dinner. My sisters are so amazing. They are each unique in their own way.
 
LaTesha is very strong willed. She had dreams of owning her own beauty salon, and she kicks ass at it. She's owned it for years, and even in this economy it is thriving. She's beautiful on both the inside and out. Angela is the care giver. She is the one you call with any thing. She will be there to listen to you and give you advice when you need it. She's also beautiful on both the in and out.
 
 
 
 
 
We may not always see eye to eye, but we are sisters and I guarantee you, if we ever needed each other, we would always be there. I love my sisters, and my life wouldn't be near as fun without them.
 
xo
 
 
 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger