To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 14, 2013

Summer Afternoons



I love those Summer afternoons. When the sun hasn't fully gone down yet, but it's far enough up to have that southern chill in the air. I love those afternoons. Usually five, if not all seven of the afternoons during the week, our little family spends this at the river. We only live about 10 minutes away and we go and fish and spend some really great quality time together.
 
Yesterday we grabbed our fishing poles and sat out there for at least an hour. No cell phones, no radio, just the three of us talking, laughing, and fishing.
 
When we got in the truck to go home I snapped this beautiful pic of the river and wanted to share.
 
 
I love the texture of colors, how the oaks and pines are dark, and just beyond is that crisp blue and green landscape, all completely unedited.
 
Not much to discuss today. My wisdom tooth is killing me and I'm thinking I'm going to go and have to have it removed so I'm working and blogging through the pain.
 
xo
 
 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger