To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 7, 2013

Friday Five



Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

Five on Friday
 
So today I am linking up with The Good Life Blog, for the very first time, to join in on Five on Friday...essentially you post about 5 things...y'all know how random I am, so this is perfect for moi!
 
 
one. Guys with long hair! Seriously, my dad would have HATED had I ever brought a guy home with hair past his ears, luckily, for my dad, I never did, but if I'm being honest, the hubs grew his hair out last summer and OMG...loved it! I'm not talking about Howard Stern kinky curly locks, or a guy with his hair in a pony tail...yuck! I'm talking about a man with a little length, something you can run your fingers through.
 
via
 
Now, we all know my love for Jake Owen, right?! His hair totally does it for me, if he ever cut it off, I'm not sure I'd ever look at him the same.
 
What really put this whole long hair thing into perspective for me, was Florida Georgia Line.
 
via
Let's face it, the boy from Florida (on the right) is probably better looking than the GA boy (on the left), but not for this gal...nope! Once again, the long hair just does it for. How about that Chevy?
 
two. I'm addicted to Instagram! I've had the app on my phone for two years now, or however long it's been, but as of two weeks ago, I can't stop. I post pics constantly, and stalk other people even more.
You can follow me here.
 
three. I have the best husband in the entire world, y'all...I'm not just saying that either. Let's face it, with marriage, comes arguments, add the fact that we've been together since we were 15 years old, that's a long time. Every marriage has "ruts" as I like to call them. You know, when every thing the other person does get's on your last nerve, you argue at the drop of a hat, etc.
 
Well the hubs and I have been in a rut for a week or two, and now that we're getting back to the good, he told me he had a surprise for me this weekend, and being the persuasive person I am, I got him to tell me what it was. He booked the Westin at Savannah Harbour for us. I have always wanted to stay there, and he did amazing. River, balcony suite. Yay! He says he has more surprises in store, I can't wait! Here are some pics of the resort, now you can see why I've always wanted to stay.
 
via
via
 
 
via
four. I stayed at my parents house last night, due to the Tropical Storm and the hubby having to work, it was great. Twenty six years old, with a 4 year old daughter, and there still isn't anything like staying with mom and dad. Loved it! Hearing dad shaving since the rooms are adjoining. Smelling the Maxwell House that they have drank ever since I was a child. Seeing princess run up to her grandparents to give them a good morning kiss...priceless!

five. It's Friday...enough said!

Have a great weekend!




1 comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger