To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 24, 2013

Summer Reading List {and Reviews}

 

Highlighted are books I have not yet read.
 
 
Emily Giffin
 
Where We Belong
Heart of the Matter
Love the One You're With
Something Borrowed
Something Blue
Baby Proof
 
 
Heart of the Matter
 
Although the story line has been played out before in other books, I was still intrigued and it was definitely a page turner (one you didn't want to put down).
 
Love the One You're With
 
Once again, played, but still a page turner. I preferred this book over Heart of the Matter, but enjoyed them both.
 
Something Borrowed
 
We all know how this turns out, even if you have not read the book, chances are you've seen the movie. If not...what are you waiting for? I enjoyed both, but this is one of those where the movie actually does the book justice. Characters were on spot with actors and I enjoyed them both.
A must read and must see!
 
 
 
E. L. James & the 50 Shades Series
 
I am not even going to lie, as I have said before, trashy erotic novels are my personal faves. They are the ones I can't keep the book down, I read them in a day, and when I'm finished I feel depressed.
 
Fifty Shades of Grey
 
I always heard everyone say how much they loved Christian Grey, although he may be good looking, what a douche bag! The book however is one I couldn't put down.
 
Fifty Shades Darker
 
At this point you have fallen in love with Christian and are probably on the edge of your seat with what's going to happen next.
 
Fifty Shades Freed
 
The best book out of the entire series! I read in one sitting.
 
 
 
After the 50 shades trilogy I didn't think there was going to ever be another book as good, I was wrong. If you haven't heard of the Crossfire series, you need to go out and buy asap!
 
 
 
Sylvia Day & The Crossfire Series
 
Bared to You
 
Let's just say that as far as the "erotica" part goes, this book escalates over 50 Shades and anything I have ever read. Gideon Cross is amazing and you fall head over in heels in love with him!
 
Entwined in You
 
Once again, a nail biter, one sitting, page turner book.
 
Reflected in You
 
I read all three of these books in two days, this was by far better than the first two, although there was nothing wrong with the first two. I will tell you though, there are still two books yet to be published in this series, so if you are one to hate waiting (like me) you may want to wait until they are all published, because I will tell you, it's awful - Sylvia needs to get on the ball!
 
K. M. Golland
 
You may have never heard of this author, I know I haven't, but after I read the Crossfire Series I needed something else. K. M. Golland has published Temptation and Satisfaction (a series) and if you can't tell by their names, then yes, they are erotica love novels. I have read both of these books and loved them. I will tell you however, the books are not based in the US, so there are words that are read as English accent (example: arse instead of ass). I totally read them in an English accent! :)
 
Still on my reading list is:
 
Poker Face by Adriana Law
Honor Student by Teresa Mummet
Honor they Teacher by Teresa Mummet
Honor and Obey by Teresa Mummet
Down to You by M. Leighton
 
What have you read this Summer? Any good ideas?
 
xo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
If you have any good book ideas, please share!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger