To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 19, 2013

L.O.V.E



 
Today I am linking up with April to "Spill about My Love" - maybe this will give you some sort of a background on me and the hubs and the not-so-many guys before him...
 
one. Describe your dating life prior to finding your husband.
 
Sweet T (hubby's nickname) and I met when I was 15, almost 16. At the time I was dating this guy, let's call him Douche Bag or DB. (Wow, it wasn't until then that I realized those letters/initials work perfect!) Anyways...my sister knew Sweet T's family and had wanted me to meet him for quite some time, but I was head over heels in love with DB, or so I though, although he treated me with complete disrespect and couldn't have cared less about me. One day DB pissed me off so badly that I finally told my sister yes, just set it up, at least I'll make a new friend. Needless to say he came over to meet me and the rest is history. Later that night I called DB and told him I was done. Even if Sweet T and I hadn't of worked out, I knew I deserved better, but I am so glad we did!
 
two. Describe your husband in one word, how would he describe you in one word?
 
Patient! He is the most patient person I've ever been with. Patience is not only a virtue, but a very strong character trait and I love that about him.
 
Here is his answer:
 
 
 
three. You had a really embarrassing, silly fight, what was it about?
 
I feel most of our arguments are nothing but silly, there are times when I will laugh out loud during them, which will further piss him off, just because they are so funny! Recently I've read the Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day, I'm now re-reading 50 Shades of Grey by E. L. James (what can I say I love trashy erotic love stories). I told the hubs that I wish he was more attentive like Christian and Gideon, I guess he thought attentive was watching the Miami Heat play...thus we snapped at each other.
#GottaLoveMarriage
 
 
four. In three sentences, and only three, describe where you hope to be in five years.
 
Debt free. In our dream home. Happy, healthy and still in love.
 
five. Tell us something about your husband that we wouldn't know by reading your blog.
 
He's been shot in the head (with a BB gun). He hates green peas. His name is extremely unique, but I'm still not sharing :)  He was a city boy when I met him. Drove fast cars, shopped in the mall, never watched the Gamecocks play, and hunting? Hah, please! This has changed, it had to if there was ever a chance for my dad to like him. He now hunts, his past three vehicles have been trucks, and doesn't miss a Carolina game. He's definitely got some "country boy charm".
 
six. What's one thing you never thought you would do in front of your husband, but you did.
 
We have been together for 11 years, so there's not much that the two of us haven't seen or done without a care, however I still cannot go #2 in front of him, although he has no issues doing so.
 
For me, I would probably have to say crazy hair! Y'all my hair is awful if I don't straighten it. I mean I'm seriously going to have to muster up some balls and just post a picture on here one day, it's that bad. Frizzy, kinky, unruly to say the least. I've always been the one to have kept hair. I may not have a lick of makeup on but I assure you my hair will be done, well I never wanted him to see me with my ugly hair, puhlease...I could care less now. He's seen my hair as if I had just pulled my finger from an electrical socket. He knows what he has at home, he also has no problem telling me to "go do something with your hair girl!".
 
 
 
 xo
 
 


4 comments

  1. Hi there! I just stumbled across your blog, so cute! I also read 50 shades & the Crossfire series and I totally agree with you, I am addicted!!
    Ashley {new follower}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and yes I can't get enough! I read 50 shades months ago, and am now re-reading...love them!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the story about how ya'll met. You guys were obviously meant to be together! Thanks SO much for linking up with me today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem, I enjoyed the link up, it was refreshingly, different! Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger