To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 11, 2013

Randoms

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Planners
 
I am obsessed with them. If I see a cuter planner, mostly pink, I will buy them, fill in birthdays, anniversaries, vacation days, doctors appointments, when to pay what, and then I'll never pick up the damn thing again...still obsessed and still continue to buy them.
 
I'm lusting over Erin Condren planners. She just came out with her 2013-2014 designs and oh em gee they are gorgeous! If I ever ordered one, which will not happen because there ain't no way my cheap behind is about to drop $50+ on a planner, it would be so hard to choose which one.
 
Did you know you can customize stickers, get matching notepads...there are so many customizable things you can do, even down to the colors you want your name printed in...hello pink Miranda!
 
 
********************
 
Like our new garden flag?
 
You can buy it here.
I love the cut out look of it. I had a personalized flag made with out last name with a burlap background, stitched in gamecock colors. It didn't last a week with our dog...so mad!
 
As a matter of fact, the dog continued to jump on our daughter, and after months of not being able to break him of it, we decided to give him to a family who had more patience and more time to spend. Jake is now in a great home, with another dog his size, with a woman who is a stay at home mom, needless to say, he is loving it!
 
*******************
 
Princess was scratching her back last night, so we checked it out and hello, red, itchy rash. I rubbed her down in hydrocortisone, and this morning it looked way better. Prayerfully it's nothing more than a heat rash.
 
********************
 
So my car is in the shop since the guy rear ended me. His insurance paid for a rental car for me, and wouldn't you know, I'm now driving an F-150...really? Does Enterprise not know I'm a Chevy girl and driving that POS goes against every thing I was taught as a child growing up? Sorry Ford fans who are reading this, but Chevy has been in my family since before I was born,
it's all about personal preference.
 
********************
 
I know a lot of, young people, usually the ones who do not have children, really get into the 4th of July. I've never been one to look forward to that Holiday, but luckily this year we get two days off instead of just the one, since the 4th lands on a Thursday. I'm a little bit more excited about it now, plus I love dressing up the Princess in festive outfits. You bet your sweet ass she'll be donning red, white and blue!
 
 
Bonnie Jean® Stars and Stripes Bow Dress Toddler Girls
Bonnie Jean Stars and Stripes Bow Dress via Belk
Can you believe that sweet dress is only $18 online! I am in love with it! The largest size it comes in is a 4T, which just so happens to be the Princess size...I better enjoy this year, because as of next I think we will be moving in to the junior size clothes of the store.
 
Speaking of cute clothes, while walking through Target the other day, hubs points out the cutest onesie I think I have ever seen for a little girl. It was probably for a 3 month old size. I told him don't show me stuff like that, it just gives me major baby fever! Not to mention our neighbors have the sweetest little 18 month old. She is so tiny and is down right hilarious, I have fell in love with her, which does not help my baby fever. I just so happen to think that princess would be the best big sister in the world...alas, we are done with the babies, unless God has other plans.
 
 
********************
 
Is it bad that I eat 1 1/2 bags of sunflower seeds daily? I sit at my desk at work, like a parakeet, and chomp on them all day. I am so ready for when I will be sick and tired of eating them. It's been two weeks and I'm still chomping at the bit (pun intended)...it's exhausting, but they are so addicting!
 
xo
 
 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger