To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 21, 2013

Friday Five



 
Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
 
 
one.
 
I think I'm a pretty girl, until I see pictures like this...
 
 
False
via
 
 
False
via
False
via
 
 
Seriously...how pretty are these girls? Perfect hair, eyes, and smile! It's apparent I need longer hair, a new wardrobe and a shot of self esteem this morning - don't mess with me,
I haven't had my caffeine yet!
 
two.
 
I have ate so many sunflower seeds the past month that my index finger and thumb are raw from the salt. It's disgustingly delicious!
 
*Disclaimer - do not eat sunflower seeds, they are extremely addictive!*
 
three.
 
Things that make me smile:
 
False
via
 
False
via
 
False
via
 
False
via
 
False
via
 
four.
 
So the official start of Summer is today? Hah! Summer has been here for quite some time now, just cause it's typed on my desk calendar that today is the official start doesn't mean squat to me. Apparently the printers live in the Northern state, because we've been sweating for quite some time.
But, hey, I'm not complaining. I love sunkissed skin!
 
five.
 
It's Friday! Although I'll be dreaming of a vacation, this weekend we're playing it low key at the house. Movies, cuddles, and playing outside.
 
xo
 
 
 


2 comments

  1. Gosh, I completely said grey elephant from denmark ha ha I am so predictable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same thing! :) That's why I had to share!

      Delete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger