To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 10, 2013

What a Weekend



Sami's Shenanigans
 
 
Friday my boss let me off work a little early...which I thought was going to be a great start to the weekend, unfortunately stopped at a red light 10 minutes later, I got rear ended. Luckily no one was hurt and the guy who hit me, was in fact a gentlemen, who took full responsibility, checked on my well being, and called his insurance company to claim he was at fault. At least I can say that getting rear ended, although a huge inconvenience, it could have been a lot worse.
 
I cannot lie though, he did get a ticket for "driving too fast for conditions", and I smirked :)
 
As cheesy as the movies get with their action scenes and cheesy lines (my pockets ain't empty cuz, via F&F2) the hubs and I love the Fast and Furious movies. We knew we were going to see 6 in theatres on Saturday, so on Friday we caught up with all the old ones.
 
Saturday my sweet husband took me to the Westin Savannah Harbour, an amazing resort I have always wanted to stay in. We had an amazing time. He arranged for a balcony river view room, and when we got there it was only a river view room, no balcony. After we contacted the front desk and told them the situation, they explained to us they had no river view balcony rooms, but that they did have a golf course/resort view room balcony, on their "preferred guest" floor, which essentially means the top floor where the rooms are bigger. Of course we said yes!
 

I always pack a coozie...#gamecocks







 
Red Velvet cupcake - so amazing!


Hubs had these waiting for me at dinner...he's amazing!










 
My sister and her husband (in pics above) met us for dinner later that night at my favorite restaurant, The Melting Pot. It was a great dinner and great company. We always have a blast when we go some where with them. Afterwards we went to the only rooftop bar in Savannah, called Rocks on the Roof. They have delicious cocktails, and a spectacular view. That's where my sister and I took the picture above. It was a muggy night, so excuse our frizzy hair!
 
FYI - if you ever go to The Melting Pot, fill out their club fondue paper, it's a paper they give you with your bill. From that they will send you an email. Show that email to your server the next time you go, and voila, you get 1/2 dozen chocolate covered strawberries that they make fresh for you that same night. They were so delicious, the hubs and I ate every.single.one.
 
Princess stayed with her mee-maw and of course we got these two pics sent to us...
 

 
My mother-in-law said she swam for two hours, by that point she was so exhausted, as soon as they left the driveway she was out!
 
Fast six was amazing...did you know they are coming out with a Fast 7, set to be in theatres in 2014?
 
I can't wait!
 
Also, last night we rented Warm Bodies and Safe Haven out the redbox. WB was obviously the hubs pick, and it was actually an okay movie. Safe Haven, like any other Nicholas Sparks novel turned movie, was amazing, and by far my favorite so far, excluding The Notebook, of course.
 
How was your weekend?
 
xo
 
 
 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger