To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 21, 2013

Blessed



I think some days we don't realize all the blessings that we are truly gifted. For instance, you woke up this morning, you obviously have an education because you are reading this little ole blog of mine. I'm not saying that we don't have issues in our lives, because I'm sure each of us do in some way, but we have to remember at the end of the day that we are blessed by the love and sacrifices made by our Heavenly Father.
My husband and I were just married, and exactly one month later found out we were expecting. We were young and didn't have a care in the world. The last thing we wanted was a child, but we put a smile on our face and it wasn't too long that we thoroughly enjoyed the idea of bringing a new member into our family and growing as one.
We brought home an 8 pound 8 ounce bundle of chunky cheeks joy.
It won't be long she'll be a five year old child, that is so hard to believe!
God has blessed us beyond measure and I thank him for that daily.
the days are long but the years are short
xo


2 comments

  1. Such a great post - and SO TRUE!!!! :) We are all blessed beyond measure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! She is so precious!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger