To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 13, 2013

Photography



I miss taking pictures. I used to never go anywhere, not even up town, without my Nikon.
I am the type of person who believes that the best pictures taken are the ones that you don't plan for.
 
 
The background isn't glamorous, as this picture was just taken in her room, but the movement, along with the color of the tutu, it was completely unplanned and to this day still one of my favorites.
 
This weekend I'm going to make myself take pictures.
 
Photography is something that calms me. I enjoy doing it and miss it so much.
 
I'm not saying I'm a pro, because Lord knows I'm not, but it's about finding the beauty in things.
 
 
 
xo
 
 
 

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger