To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 6, 2013

Time to get started...



Annually I make my daughter's Halloween costume. It's just something fun that we do together. She tells me what she wants to be, and we work on it together. To me, homemade costumes always look so much better than store bought ones.
 
Don't get me wrong, I have bought store costumes before, but I prefer making her one.
 
Now is the time we get started, I know it's early, but I am not a crafter nor can I sew, so getting started 3 months in advance prepares for those oh s*** moments, when you've made it too small or too big, sewed the button on the arm, or have totally forgotten to make a hole for her head...yes people, this has happened!
 
This was the witch costume I made for her last year...by far my favorite I've made!
 
 
 
We also do Halloween crafts...how cute is this skeleton family we did last year with cutips?
 
 
 
This year I am hoping I can talk her in to being Audrey Hepburn via Breakfast at Tiffany's
 
baby audrey hepburn <3 so adorable.. if i were to have children, i would force this outfit upon them.
 
Seriously, how cute is this?!
 
 
I mean just look at this pic of her...she was made for that costume!
 
xo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger