To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 23, 2013

It's Friday Y'all



one. I have a couple DIY projects this weekend, and I am so thrilled about it. I am a crafting junkie and anytime I have the opportunity to do so I jump on it! Don't worry I will share with you come Monday! Leave it to little ole Pinterest to fill my head with ideas! Although the following are not the crafts I have planned this weekend, here are some I plan to do with the family to get ready for the Holidays! Princess loves to paint, color, and be a big helper, so I always incorporate her in to what I am doing as long as it's safe...it's not like I'm handing my child a can of spray paint and scissors.
fall diy frames crafts, they would also be cute with other things spelled out in them! Maybe hanging in the trees for a fall party.
11 Fun FALL DIY Projects you can do this weekend with the family all for just a few bucks!
DIY Glitter Pine Cones!! Its that time of year so grab those pine cones up off the ground and get glittering! Check out the step by step here.  #christmas #diy #crafts
Christmas DIY Snow globes
two. Tonight is the first Varsity football game for my nephew. He is a junior this year and I am so excited for him. Speaking of football, next week I get to start cheering on my gamecocks again!
The first game we have is at home against NC, but I think most of us are looking forward to the 2nd game in Athens against GA.
Ha!
three. I am truly considering going to NYC for just two days this year to watch the tree lighting in Rockefeller Center. I have never been to New York and it is my dream place to go. I feel like I'm never going to have enough money saved to go for a week seeing as the hotels there are the cost of my mortgage per NIGHT! I feel I can afford two nights verses six...I just need to find someone to go with me, but I'm considering this more than anything at this point!
Cartier - all wrapped up with a bow... but lets not overlook the lit trees in each window!!!  This is how you decorate your store for the holidays!!! #christmas
× Christmas in NYC / #christmas #newyork #wintertime
I really want to be in NYC at Christmas time!
Just looking at these pics makes me want to cry, I couldn't imagine actually stepping foot there!
four. I just don't understand J. Crew fashion. This is just my personal opinion, but the clothes aren't that attractive to me, not to mention ridiculously expensive. I saw yesterday where a few people posted about a sale they were having. Well when one sweater costs me $125 ON SALE then we have bigger issues than the 30% you're saving!
five. It's Friday!
xo


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger