To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 28, 2013

Midweek Randoms



*****
A small local town in the Lowcountry called Ridgeland, just recently had a Church burn to the ground. It's extremely sad, but they are ready to persevere and continue to worship Christ, however donations are welcome, and here are some items they need. If you live locally or could ship some of these items, there address is listed below.
WTOC Jonathan Burton Hey Folks...here's the info...if you would like to donate to Gospel Light house church. It was destroyed by a fire this morning.

these are things they need:

• Folding chairs
• Industrial fans
• Bibles
• Pulpit
• P/A System/Instruments
• Lights for evening services/bible studies...

• Ground cover/indoor outdoor carpet
• portable buildings
• Any statues or religous items that will make our temporary church feel like home
Any and all monitary donations are greatly needed a appreciated. Checks and money orders can be made payable to Gospel Lighthouse and sent to the churches mailing address at PO Box 1445, Ridgeland, South Carolina, 29936.
My thoughts and prayers go out to this Church family!
*****
Candy Crush is a huge addiction for me that I just cannot stop. I hate when I run out of lives and have to wait 25 minutes to get another one. I hate really hard boards that you are stuck on for days. I hate that as aggravating as this game is, I still love to play it. #nerd #pathetic
*****
I'm loving this snack for Halloween and can't wait to make it with my little Princess.
Spider Web Snacks
*****
Speaking of Halloween, the hubs and I are in discussion over going to Disney for a long weekend as it draws closer to October for Mickey's "Not-so-Scary" Halloween party. However the tickets are $60, on top of the daily admission rate of $90, so it's going to be something to save for and decide on. I can say though, as costly as Disney is, I have never been disappointed with it, not once.
*****
I want to have another baby just so I can have things like this...
maternity clothes that are cute & cheap....for one day
Mustache pacifier
LOVE this way to announce a second baby
Lacey!! "Bow Tie or Bow" ..can also be used for a baby shower when *The Parents Don't Want to Know* and are waiting to find out in the delivery room!
Images via
*****
The princess has another pageant coming up at the end of September. We do not buy pageant dresses because she is not in them enough for us to pay $300+ on one dress, when we can rent a pageant dress for less than half that price! She loved the dress that she had last time, and looked so beautiful in it that we have decided to rent that same one, and last night, I purchased the cutest frilly socks to match online. This last pageant she wore plain white laced socks, but I found the exact socks to match the dress with a pretty gold trim, I can't wait!
*****
I have started my Christmas shopping and have purchased two things for the hubs. Make fun of me all you want, but come December I won't be hustling in the crowds for last minute gifts.
xo


2 comments

  1. I love that you've already started Christmas shopping too!! It's so much fun planning ahead and keeping the secret!! :)

    Praying for your sweet friend and her church.

    Kate

    www.simplybehis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger