To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 16, 2013

Friday Five



 
 
 
{one}
 
The princess has her pageant tomorrow and I can't wait. We are both so excited and go and pick up her dress tonight! I've been a slack blogger this past week, due to the fact that I've been sick in bed. I'm finally back at it. I plan on blogging more, along with more picture taking!
 
{two}
 
yep, pretty much
 
This is so true, and I cannot wait to use it on the hubs next time he has something "smart ass" to say!
 
{three}
 
Have you ever heard of Childs Own Studio?
 
This company will craft a real toy from a child's drawing. Some day I will be happy I pinned this.
It's where they take your child's drawing and turn it into a real life stuffed animal! This is something I am going to save for and do for the Princess! If you are interested you better get in line, because she's already booked for all of 2013! Amazing!
 
{four}
 
Have you ever felt like you're destined to live somewhere else? I have honestly felt this way for years now. I'm not sure where I'm supposed to go, but the hubs and I have talked about this off and on for a while. We've dreamed of Charleston, St. Augustine, as long as we're near the coast!
 
Strange, isn't it?
 
 
 
{five}
 
It's Friday ya'll!
 
xo
 


3 comments

  1. I am glad you're feeling better! How is your Mom? As far as #4 goes I say if you have the opportunity, follow your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes mom is better :)

      Delete
  2. That stuffed animal is too cute!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger