To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 26, 2013

Weekend Catch Up



Sami's Shenanigans
Once every four weeks the hubs is on call, this week was the 4th week, so we stayed in our little home town, and started out the weekend by cheering on our local high school football team where my nephew plays.
It was their first game of the season, and a home game at that. Unfortunately they lost, but as we all know "you win some, you lose some". The game itself was a blast however, and it was Military Appreciation Night so the local Marine Corps band played during half time and they had soldiers replicate the well known stance at the battle of Iwo Jima. It definitely gave you chills!


As I stated on Friday's post, I brought some Pinterest ideas to fruition this weekend, and they turned out so good if I do say so myself!

A very simple, inexpensive decorative option is a $7 picture frame from your local store, along with your initials printed on paper.


I also did the infamous chalkboard that I'm sure most of you have seen, however I just bought a picture frame and painted the back side of the picture frame with the chalkboard paint, and I painted the frame a metallic silver color. It turned out great and I didn't have to buy lumber and cut, measure, and all that pain in the rear stuff!




Remember to wear gloves!

"Hey good lookin', whatcha got cookin?"

I put the chalkboard in our dining room, so naturally it had to have a food theme to it!
I also realized this weekend that I have a strong addiction to Mr. Pibb!

This weekend I found a new favorite song, Parmalee's, Carolina. I'm in love and have played it non-stop all weekend long.


I'm ready for this work week to fly by to cheer on the Gamecocks Thursday, and my aunt is coming into town this Friday for a long labor day weekend. Woot woot!
 
 

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger