To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 16, 2014

Budoir





Budoir pics is something that I have always wanted to do. It's completely out of my comfort zone but I love the idea behind it. I couldn't think of a better Valentine's/Anniversary gift to give Tarl, I mean it's fitting, right?!

I have had budoir pic ideas pinned on Pinterest for years now and this Sunday I finally get to put them into fruition. My photographer has been made aware of the ideas that I love and she too is excited about snapping these pics for me. Here are some of my faves!


//

I had never heard of ThredUp until yesterday. I have been missing out all of these years! In a nutshell, it's an online goodwill that only sells name brand designer clothes that have been inspected for flaws. Yesterday I purchased five summer dresses yesterday from ThredUp. Lilly Pulitzer, Lacoste, Gap, Ann Taylor Loft, and H & M were all purchased for a total of $50, and I received free shipping. I couldn't have purchased one of these dresses brand new for that price! Score!

Seriously, go check it out. If you're interested leave your email below and I'll email you a code for $10 off your purchase!

//

While I was on the hunt yesterday for some cute summer dresses, I was in search for the perfect Maxi dress. I've had my dream Maxi dress in my mind for years now and yesterday Apricot Lane Peoria posted a picture of what I had imagined. As bratty as it sounds I didn't even care about the price, I just knew I had to have it. I received free shipping since I am out of state from their location in Peoria, IL. The dress was $44 and they are now sold out. $44 is a lot for me to spend on one dress, but like I said, it's just perfect! I love how versatile it can be. It can be the perfect Easter dress, night out with your girlfriends, date night or a day at the beach.

via





What do you think?

2 comments

  1. EEEK!!! I have a Boudoir shoot on February 2nd. I'm nervous and excited!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What photographer are you using?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger