To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 7, 2014

I Dare You







Holy cold here in South Carolina...18 degrees just isn't right y'all! The puddles from the rain we got over this past weekend were completely frozen over, so much so that when Cadence stood on them they did not crack, no lie! I've never dreamt of the Bahamas more so than I am today.




***




Last night my husband and I started The Love Dare. Today is the first official day. We are not doing this because our marriage is suffering. We are actually doing this because we want to get our marriage closer to God, and although nothing can ever be perfect, there is nothing wrong with trying to perfect something or make it better. We are both believers in Jesus. We married in our Church and took our vows in front of family, friends, and our Almighty Savior.

If you have never heard of The Love Dare, it's a 40 day challenge for your marriage. Each day has a different dare for you to do. We're on day 1 and it's already tough. Today is patience, which I do not have much of. You are not to say one negative or pessimistic thing to your significant other. This is hard for me. If I walk in the door and the trash is full, I will get agitated and complain that it hasn't been done yet. Instead of getting agitated, I'll just have to do the trash myself or politely ask that he d it instead of bitching at him to do it.

I'm very excited to see how The Love Dare will bring our relationship on a more spiritual level, and although our marriage is in a great place, what's wrong with an even better one?


We also instilled no cell phones after 6. Unless your phone rings or it's a text you must respond to, no phones. Social Media has taken over most of America. There is no reason for us to spend time on our phones, when we can spend time together, as a family.





***




I forgot to post this yesterday but here is our weekly meal plan:

Monday / Homemade Pizza
Tuesday / Spaghetti
Wednesday / Chicken - n - Rice (I use pre cooked grilled chicken and Rice A Roni, the flavor is amazing and this meal is so easy and hearty)
Thursday - Fried Porkchops, Mac-n-Cheese, and Green Beans




I don't ever plans meals on the weekends. Not saying we don't eat at home, but we do eat out to, it sure beats cooking and dishes :)









2 comments

  1. I love the Love Dare! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with making anything better than it is already! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger