To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 14, 2014

Random


The hubs and I are completely obsessed with Dexter. My sister-in-law (soon to be, hopefully) has the first three seasons on DVD and let us borrow. We were immediately hooked and have just started the third season. Only six seasons to go. Seriously though, if you're looking for a show, this is it!

//

I cannot get enough of planning in for our Disney trip. Granted our trip is months away, I still go on the Disney website daily and look at restaurant reviews, things to do, see and things to squeeze in to our six days there. I get that six days is a lot, but Disney has hundreds and hundreds of things to do and see, that we will not even manage to put a dent into it while on vacation there. Certain things will have to wait until our next trip...

//

Speaking of Disney trips, we're also going to try and plan a small weekend trip to Orlando during the Christmas season. Disney has every little thing decorated for Christmas. Each character is dressed in their Christmas best, including the princesses, which I know Cadence will love. The castle is adorned with thousands of white twinkling lights, and they even have certain items on their menus for the season. Nothing elaborate, just a weekend trip, but yes, I've already got plans floating in my head for that one too! 
Call me crazy, it's okay, I'm a Disney freak!

//

Another website I visit daily is Erin Condren. I ordered my planner last week and am beyond ready for it to come in so I can start decorating it and scheduling little things in it. I had no clue of what washi tape even was until I ordered my planner, now I have six rolls ready to use for it when it comes in.
Obsessed? Maybe.

//

My sweet girl will start playing T-ball this year. We already have her pink glove and pink bat purchased and sign ups are less than three weeks away. Practice starts today in our back yard and both Tarl and I are beyond excited to see her on that little league field running around like her ole mom and dad did back in the day. He and I were both athletic in school, but our passions were baseball/softball, so here's hoping she loves it as much as we did. I'm sure it's in the blood!

//

I'm interested in doing a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) signup for us bloggers. Just basically where you let me know you want to participate, and I give you a name, you send that person a little something to brighten up their day (nothing expensive, something like washi tape (lol) ). Thoughts? There's no need for me to do this if not many people are interested, then again it could be a hit...

//

For Valentine's day I'm interested in getting some budoir pictures made for Tarl. In my opinion it's the perfect Valentine's gift to give, right? Nothing says love more then me showing off my goodies for my man...am I right ladies or am I right? The trick is finding the perfect budoir photographer, who can photoshop the shit out of my stretch marks, Ashley Stephens are you available ;)

//

I've gone all day long thinking it was Wednesday, imagine my surprise when it's only Tuesday. Long week!


2 comments

  1. I think the RAK sounds super fun! Sign me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The RAK sounds good to me, I'll play! And heck yes I am available, I love boudoir pictures! You would rock it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger