To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 31, 2014

Tired of the Fakers!


Today I am linking up with all the pretty ladies for Five on Friday. Make sure you link up too! It's Friday, so there's a reason to celebrate right there!


Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
one.

Due to the ice and sleet that we've had, my boss has given me the last three days off to be safe and keep me off the road, since my work commute is a good 40 minutes from home. Praise the Lord! I've spent the last three days bundled up with my sweet Cadence, enjoying our time together and even building an "iceman" since there wasn't really any snow.







two.

My budouir pictures came in and dayum...I didn't realize I could look that good...my photographer did an absolutely amazing job capturing just what I wanted her to and I think Tarl is going to be pleased if I do say so myself :)


three.

We are expecting 70 degree temperatures this weekend which makes me one very happy girl. I always thought I liked the cooler weather, but truth is, I like spring temperatures instead. This 20+ degrees is for the birds! Bring on flip flops and sun dresses!


four.

I am at a point in my life where I have absolutely zero tolerance for fake people. If you're not going to say hello to me in public in front of your friends, then by all means don't say hello to me at Church or when you're by yourself. You are a grown human being, you really should act like one! I also encourage honesty to anyone. Don't lie just to uplift yourself. Trust me when I tell you, being honest with me goes a lot further then pretending you're some hard core biotch...just be yourself, please! To be 100% honest I don't have a lot of friends. I have a full time job, a five year old child and a husband. When I get off work I want to go straight home and see them. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with girls nights, speaking of, Emily it's been way too long, but not every single weekend. My friends may be few, but I know the quality and integrity they have. It's so true - the saying, "quality over quantity"! Rant over.


five.

I've only worked two days this week (due to the ice storm) and truth be told, its harder to work two days then it is three. I am dragging major ass today and can't wait until quitting time. A schedule is a steady thing and when that routine gets knocked off course, it messes with your internal clock. I've got to sleep in for the past three days mid-week, waking up this morning bright and early was horrible and the bags underneath my eyes, well let's just say that not even Maybelline can cover them up!

It's hard to believe we're at a new month already! January truly has flown by!
Bring on candy hearts, sweet tarts, sweet lips and pink roses!

xo





1 comment

  1. You and Cadence are seriously adorable! I am soo glad you love your pictures, I knew you would rock it. And I wish I could say AMEN a thousand times to number four. My tolerance wasn't very high before but since I have been pregnant it has been in the negatives lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger