To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 6, 2014

Liebster Award



What a great way to kick off 2014 by getting a Liebster Award from the lovely Jess over at
No Happier Hour. Thanks Jess! Here are the rules for the Liebster...
The Liebster Award is used by bloggers who have 200 follows or less to promote each other in order to make more friends in the blogging community and attract more attention to their blog! Each nominee must first list 11 random facts about their self, then answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated them. Lastly, choose 11 bloggers who have 200 followers or less on blogger and ask them your own 11 questions!
The rules:

Thank the person who nominated you and link them in your post.

Tell 11 random facts about yourself.

Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.

Choose 11 blogs you like and link them in your post.

Write 11 questions for these bloggers, so they can answer them.

Go to their page and let them know that you nominated them.
11 Random Facts
(1)I have an obsession with all things stationery. Whether it be notecards, thank you cards, labels, stickers, or pens, I want it if it's sparkly, pretty or pink, although I rarely use them. I have a drawer at home that is filled with stationery items that have never been used. It's a sickness people!
(2)I'm Southern born, raised, through and through, but to this day still cannot perfect fried chicken. It's either over cooked, under cooked, burnt or just plain nasty.
(3)Although I fail him daily, Jesus is the reason for every single blessing in my life. He died on the cross for me and for you, what an amazing sacrifice, so we can live an eternity in Heaven! Amazed!
(4)I could eat Italian food daily.
(5)My hair is so black that it will not take color properly. My hair has been orange on more than one occasion that I have just accepted having black hair the rest of my life.
(6)Every time I walk in Disney World and see Cinderella's castle I cry happy tears. Every.single.time.
(7)As I've gotten older I've become less and less happy about cold weather. I normally thrive on winter, but this year I'm just not feeling it. Plus I miss my summer tan!
(8)If I don't keep my nails painted I will chomp them all off, thus the nail file and go to neutral Essie color kept in my purse year round.
(9)I am beyond depressed that Christmas has come and gone. I get this way every year and it sucks. Is it bad that I'm already counting down the days until December 25th, 2014?
(10)I can eat BBQ sauce with just about anything, except Italian food. We went through the drive thru at Mickey D's the other day and they told me they were out of BBQ sauce, I literally cancelled my order and drove off. Nuggets aren't nuggets without the sauce.
(11)I feel like I am destined to be a reality TV star, Bravo hasn't contacted me yet though...alas I'm having to work for a living.
11 Questions

 (1) Favorite alcoholic drink? Mojito
 (2)Favorite meal to cook for others? Baked Ziti
 (3)Who is your bestfriend and why? Tarl, because he's there no matter what.
 (4)Do you have any pets? Tell me about them, if so. Hector the cat, his name says it all.
 (5)What is your biggest future plan that you currently know of? Hopefully a vacation, soon!
 (6)If you could buy one thing right now, what would it be? See Q #5
 (7)What are/were your plans for New Years? In bed by 10, after hanging around a fire with friends.
 (8)Where are you from? SC!
 (9)What do you want to be when you grow up? Reality Star
 (10)What do you currently do for a living? Office Coordinator, it's exciting stuff :)
 (11)What is one of your biggest dreams? New York!
I'm lazy and it's Monday, so I'm passing this award along to all of my readers who want to participate and here are your Q's...
(1)Where have you travelled?
(2)How many kids do you have/want?
(3)One possession you cannot live without?
(4)Your favorite day of the week, why?
(5)Favorite season?
(6)One show you wish they wouldn't have taken off the air or quit filming?
(7)Doctor or Dentist?
(8)Did you like high school, or are you like me and so damn happy it's over?
(9)If you could be friends with one celeb, who would it be?
(10)Favorite food of all time?
(11)Your worst habit?
If you answer please comment here because I sure would love to read them!
xo


1 comment

  1. I am SO with you on the bbq sauce thing. I'm not sure that I could leave the McDonalds drive through once I smelled those fries, though.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger