To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 24, 2014

Friday Five



Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

one.

Tomorrow my little family of three will venture off to Charleston and keep our annual tradition by visiting the Charleston Boat Show. We have gone to the boat show each year since I can remember and we make a day out of it. Tarl goes and drools dreams of all the boats he wishes he had, and I go and enjoy the vendors. They also have things to do for kids, which Cadence also enjoys. Afterwards, we go to our favorite Charleston restaurant, California Dreaming, which has spectacular views of the river and harbor which is adorned with yachts and sailboats. Depending on the weather each year we may or may not walk King and Market Street. This year we're skipping out on that, and heading to the mall instead. Thirty eight degrees is too chilly for us to walk around, I don't know how New Yorkers do it daily!

two.

My life planner decorating process has begun, I'm kinda crazy about a couple dates, can't you tell?





I can't wait to find some anchor tape to put on the summer months and some holiday tape for each holiday. Obsessed much? Maybe.

three.

We signed Cadence up for T-Ball today. It is my baby girls very first sport and with her having a late birthday her very first social activity. Don't get me wrong, she has been around other children plenty and has great social interaction, but she has yet to start school so we are all very excited about this. She has been practicing her throwing and hitting with her daddy and I. It's the sweetest thing you ever did see!

four.

My ThredUp box came in this week and I am absolutely smitten with all of the dresses that I purchased. Three out of the five dresses I purchased still had the tags on them and had never been worn. The Ann Taylor Loft dress I purchased tag was priced at $59.99, let me remind you that I paid a total of $50 with ThredUp for all five dresses, not just one! Seriously, check out the website and email me for a discount off your first purchase! If I can remember, I will try and take some pictures of the dresses this weekend. They are all Spring/Summer dresses, which means they are staying in my closet until it warms up about 40 degrees.

five.

Lastly, I leave you with this, as a reminder that we do only live once, and sometimes it's perfectly okay to splurge. Having a child, most of the time us mothers feel guilty if we buy something for ourselves, when we know the money can go to help the household, but you know what, we can't take it with us when we go...some food for thought on this fabulous Friday!

That's what I say
via



Keep up with me:

Snapchat? Email me.





2 comments

  1. I am so jealous of your trip, I have never been to Charleston. We are hoping to go as a Anniversary/Babymoon trip in May! OMG she is going to be the cutest little T-ball player! And I think I should show my husband that e-card, maybe then he will understand that I neeeed an MK lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of ThredUp! Sounds so neat! Not what my wallet needs, but my body sure could use some cute new clothes. :) Hope you had fun in Charleston!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger