To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 27, 2014

weekend



Monday is here all too soon, but I am so very thankful for another week on this earth with my family.
(Give thanks to the Lord, always!)

We had such an amazing (but chilly) time at the boat show this weekend. Luckily most of the show is indoors, but there is that little bit that's outside. It was worth it though due to the free swag they give out, I added onto my coozie collection, for free! Holla!


Cadence enjoyed seeing all the boats and just loved going on board. She was Izzy off of Jake and the Neverland pirates. If you're a mom, you know about this show.




Cadence was asked to draw her favorite sea creature...


...she went with the starfish, pink of course.



After the boat show we went to the South Carolina Aquarium. All of my aquarium pics are on the Nikon, however I did get these silly pics of us right before the 4D movie.



To watch the 4D movie is an extra $5 per person, so if you ever visit the aquarium pay the difference. Cadence loved it! It's a 15 minute movie that is 3D and similar to theme parks the chairs move and interact with the movie. Fun times!

We kept to our tradition and went to California Dreaming. Fried Clab Craws...enough said!


We tried their onion loaf too, it was alright, not my cup of tea.


We did frozen yogurt for dessert and this face just says it all!



If you couldn't tell from her crazy hair, the wind was whipping in Charleston :)

Sunday we spent relaxing and taking selfies.



I hope each of you have a blessed Monday!







No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger