To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 20, 2014

the weekend



Hey lovelies. I hope your weekend was fantastic! Friday when I got home from work, boredom had set in for all three of us, however we had a day in Savannah planned on Saturday so what to do? Ride around, and have a cheap family date night! These are the most fun some times! Of course, it seems each time we do this I completely forget the Nikon, thus the iPhone photog pics of places I just couldn't resist to take pictures of.








Neither of them had any clue I was snapping a pic. I love the innocent smile on her playful little face, with her sweet little eyes closed while her daddy is kissing her forehead and grasping her hand. This picture, although not photographed in perfect lighting or a serene background, is the most perfect picture in my eyes. It says comfort, safety, love. There truly is nothing like a father/daughter relationship, and Tarl is one of the most best father's I know!





Saturday we enjoyed a day in Savannah. Victoria's Secret is having their semi-annual sale so I stocked up on bras, panties, and some perfume while it was at a discounted price. If you want to see cray cray though, go in your local VS, on a Saturday, during their semi-annual sale, it's a mad house! Tarl, though warned, was determined to brave VS with me. He did one hell of a job and even picked out a bra that we both loved :)





We also took Cadence bowling for the very first time in her life. She loved it and did really well to be honest. I came in last place though...bummer! Bowling has never been my area of expertise, but I sure do love doing it. After bowling we had to get ice cream, it's just what you do! All ice cream is made better with rainbow sprinkles, of course!

Sunday, Tarl re-did our master bedroom with new flooring. It couldn't have turned out more beautiful. My dream master bedroom is becoming more of a reality one little step at a time, and the flooring was a huge step in this process! We played outside a little, while daddy was working.



Sunday was also the big day for my budouir photo shoot. My sister tagged along for support. While waiting on the photographer to arrive we played around with the Perfect365 app.



She's ready for her cameo in True Blood!

The budouir photo shoot was one of the most fun and exhilarating experiences of my life. I just knew I was going to feel modest and vulnerable (since the photos were taken outdoors). In all honesty, it was the complete opposite. The photographer insisted that I start the shoot with more clothing to begin with, and she would slowly ease me into less and less. I had no hesitations and just went for it. I encourage each woman out there to do this. Even if you don't have someone special to show them to, do it for yourself. This way you can have pictures to look back on. I am beyond ready to see how they turned out!

Here we are at another work week. Although I enjoy my job, it still is work and I'd much rather be home snuggling with my family, but am so thankful for the blessings that the good Lord has given me. 

xo





1 comment

  1. What a fun weekend! I love that picture of Cadence and her Daddy, too sweet! I am so glad you had fun with your shoot, I am sure he will love them!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger